Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Get to Know Jason J.!


Jason J.
Corps member serving at Francis Stevens

Hometown: Hayward, Wisconsin

Education: B.A. in Political Science and History

What team are you on and what do you do? I am a Whole School Whole Child team member serving on the Acacia Group team at Francis Stevens educational campus. I am one of the two Learning Coordinators, and I work with the 4th grade on a daily basis.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined so that I could know more about the teaching profession, as well as to give back by dedicating a year to serving others.

What are you most excited about this year? I think the fact that I am spending a year doing amazing things, but also cultivating relationships and connections with working professionals.

What are you most nervous about this year? Not achieving the goals I set, but more importantly that I will give my best and that the fruits of my labors are bountiful.

What is something most people don't know about you and wouldn't guess? I've never taken Calculus! Seriously though, I would venture that people don't know that I have taken part in social activism.

No comments:

Post a Comment