Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Introducing Jazmin!


Jazmin W.
Corps member serving at Simon

Hometown: Alexandria, VA (from Raleigh, NC)

Education: High School Diploma from Garner Magnet High School and plan on attending Howard

What team are you on and what do you do? I proudly serve on the Whole School Whole Child team serving at Simon Elementary in Southeast Dc. I work with third graders before and during school, small groups/one on one, I have two mentee's in the third grade. I founded a club called YLOV (Young Ladies Of Virtue) we promote self-love, self- respect, and self-esteem.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined City Year because I wanted to give back to the community and make a remarkable change in children's lives. I believe that everyone should give a year of service, service is so important. I serve for many reasons, my number one reason is that I don't want another child to fall behind in school like I did. I also don't want a child to feel like no one cares about their education or them as a person. I serve because I want to make a difference in the lives of others. I serve because I want CHANGE!

What are you most excited about this year? Service! Changing test scores and attitudes!

What are you most nervous about this year? Nervous isn't in a woman's vocabulary! I am not nervous about anything; service has been great for me! What you put in is what you get out!

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I am obsessed with strawberry lemonade and I love to dance/step!

No comments:

Post a Comment