Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Meet Diane!


Diane F.
Corps member serving on the Civic Engagement team

Hometown: Idaho Falls, ID

Education: University of Pennsylvania, BA, Major: Political Science

What team are you on and what do you do? I am on the Civic Engagement team. In preparation for our service events, I primarily work on mural designs.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? When I was in high school, I decided that I wanted to dedicate a year of my life to service after college. Last year, as I was deciding what to do after college, my sister came across City Year in an e-mail and told me about it. It seemed to be the perfect fit!
I serve because I feel as though we all have an obligation to give back to society and help those in need.

What are you most excited about this year? I am most excited about seeing the impact that CYDC will have on the community.

What are you most nervous about this year? I'm most nervous about getting my food stamps. I don't think that Montgomery County likes me…

What is something most people don't know about you and wouldn't guess? I am a huge U2 fan. No joke. My sister finds it embarrassing. For U2's 360 Tour, I waited for around fourteen hours to score a good position in front of the stage. Was it worth it? Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment