Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meet Katie Norton!


Katie Norton
Service Leader for Civic Engagement

Hometown: Wilmington, North Carolina

Education: BS in Elementary Education from Appalachian State University

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the service leader for the Civic Engagement Team.

What did you do last year? I was a corps member on the Civic Engagement Team at City Year Cleveland.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I am addicted to physical service! Seriously. I am serving another year with City Year because I hope to gain non-profit management experience and learn more ways to recruit and manage community volunteers. I also really love the national service movement.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? One of my favorite moments in service was serving as the MC for the Heroes Opening Day in Cleveland. I have never felt more moved than when I saw them pledge to serve the Cleveland community.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? When I am stressed out and need to chill I turn the music up really loud in my kitchen and dance and sing as I cook. I also have a habit of singing aloud when I’m running at the gym. It’s embarrassing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment