Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Get to Know Kate!



Kate Fahje

Team Leader for Stanton Elementary School


Hometown: Waukesha, Wisconsin

Education: BA from Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the team leader at Stanton Elementary School!

What did you do last year? I was a corps member, and I served at Stanton. During the day I worked in Ms. Harris’ 5th grade class, and then I worked with Pre-K and Kindergarteners in after-school.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? The main reason was for the kids – it still felt like there was so much we could do at Stanton! I really wanted to stay in DC for another year, and I also wanted to give myself more time to figure out what I’m going to do with the rest of my life. Haha.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite service day last year was when a bunch of us went to the Anacostia River to do this fence-removal clean-up project. It was freezing, it smelled like a sewer, and we were all covered in mud, but we got to wear these sweet suspender wader things, and everyone really enjoyed themselves. And we got tons of clean-up work done!

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? Hmm…I wish I could be a professional Irish dancer? That’d be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment