Saturday, October 10, 2009

Meet David Hart!




David Hart

Project Leader for Recruitment & Alumni Affairs


Hometown: Arlington, VA

Education: High School Diploma

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am one of two Project Leaders for Recruitment and Alumni Affairs. What I do is go to colleges, high schools, and community centers to present on City Year, what we do, and how to apply.

What did you do last year? Last year I was on the HOPE Team. I traveled around DC to high schools and middle schools teaching a CDC approved curriculum on preventing HIV/AIDS, STDs, drug & alcohol abuse, and unplanned pregnancy.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I came back to City Year because it was such an amazing experience for me and I want to get others to join the national service movement.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite moment of service last year was the project at Simon Elementary. It was broadcast live around the world during the Inaugural Youth Ball. It was exciting to have City Year on TV with a worldwide audience.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I like to cook, and I’d like to think I’m pretty good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment