Friday, October 9, 2009

Get to Know Lauren!


Lauren Miner

Team Leader at Francis Stevens Educational Campus

Hometown: Farmington, CT

Education: BA from Roger Williams University in Political Science and history

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the team leader at Francis Stevens Educational Campus!

What did you do last year? I was a senior corps member at City Year Rhode Island and I was training project leader and Team Leader at CVS Highlander Charter School.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I came back because I really enjoyed the people I worked with and felt like there were still skills I wanted to learn and CY was still the best place for me to acquire them. I also really love developing young leaders in the corps and children we work with and I get to do that on a daily basis with CY.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite moment in service would have to be the Post Election Leadership Development Day because I got to plan an event that incorporated community members and the corps and lead some amazing discussions on the importance of national service.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I have an avocado tree that is 7 inches tall and growing every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment