Friday, October 9, 2009

Meet Julie!


Julie Edwards-Ransom

Team Leader for Simon Elementary School

Hometown: New Paltz, NY

Education: BA in History/Government from Muhlenberg College

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am a Team Leader for a Whole School Whole Child team at Simon Elementary School.

What did you do last year? Last year I served as a corps member on a WSWC team at Stanton Elementary here at CYDC.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I wanted to help bring City Year to another school. I loved my year last year and learned a lot and I felt that my work with City Year wasn’t over.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? I worked with 4 and 5 year olds in after care and they would always say the funniest things. A little boy was telling me about different candy he liked and asked him if he liked kit kats. He responded, “Well, I don’t like to eat cats.”

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I really enjoy reading non-fiction history and talking politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment