Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meet Emma!


Eleanor Hannon

Service and Civic Impact for Project Leader

Hometown: Rochester, NY

Education: Mount Holyoke College

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? My position is the Service and Civic Impact Project Leader. I plan the Signature Service Days (SSDs) for the corps members. SSDs often correspond with the Leadership Development Days (LDDs), which my life partner Adria Anderson plans.

What did you do last year? I served on the CSX Civic Engagement Team. “I was just wondering if we can we build it? -Alexander Cole

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I came back, because I really enjoy living in DC.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service?
One of my favorite moments in City Year was when my team was commissioned to design a mural dedicated to MLK. We painted this grand masterpiece in a giant warehouse where government employees work. I think the mural turned out great and is now displayed on the corner of MLK and Good Hope Ave.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I am lactose intolerant, but I love dairy products. Cheese is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment