Monday, October 19, 2009

Meet Bre!


Bre Ann Holmes

Team Leader at Turner at Green Elementary

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana

Education: One year at Indiana University

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the team leader at Turner at Green!

What did you do last year? I was a corps member here in DC and served at Stanton Elementary. During the day I worked in Mr. Khalfani’s fourth grade class, and then I worked with first and second grade after school.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I felt as if I was not done serving in DC and that there was so much that CY could still teach me. I know that I grow and develop everyday and it keeps me grounded.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? One of my favorite moments in City Year would have to be when the kids seen me in regular clothes. It had been awhile since they saw me out of uniform so one of my little boys from the first grade class told me to tell my baby I’m pretty. Once I told him I was not a mother he said when I have one tell him I'm pretty.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I have the same number of siblings as I have nieces and nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment