Monday, September 28, 2009

Get to Know Harry!

Harry Cheema

Admissions & Alumni Affairs Manager

Hometown: Norwalk, Connecticut

Education: BA in Psychology from the University of Connecticut, 2005

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the Admissions and Alumni Affairs Manager so I handle the majority of the admissions process and help with our Alumni Association activities.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? I served as a corps members from 2006-2007, a senior corps member from 2007-2008, and have been a staff member since July of 2008. I served originally to make a difference and to learn more about who I really am and to find what my passion is. I think I’ve accomplished both of those tasks.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I’m most excited about how the corps this year does in their service. This is the first corps that I’ve had a major hand in recruiting and admitting so I hold them in a special regard. I’m excited about the growth of our site and the possibilities that will emerge from the corps this year.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite moment was actually the entire year of my senior corps year. Being able to lead a team and then seeing the corps members develop and become truly changed individuals was very inspiring and ultimately led to me coming back as a staff member in the recruitment department.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I am a huge anime fan and my anime collections totals over 100 DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment