Thursday, December 17, 2009

Meet Georgina!


Georgina S.
Corps Member serving on the Civic Engagement Team

Hometown: Mercer Island, WA

Education: Hofstra University, BA - Classics

What team are you on and what do you do? I’m on the CSX Civic Engagement Team and I help plan service projects, design murals, and engage the DC community.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined City Year because I wanted to get more experience working with children and I serve to help those who have been overlooked.

What are you most excited about this year? I’m most excited about being able to go back to our City Year For A Day locations and see the work we’ve done.

What are you most nervous about this year? I’m worried either MLK Day or Global Youth Service Day will fall apart without enough time to fix it.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I’m the messiest neat-freak ever! My apartment might look like a mess, but I know where everything is and I flip out if I can’t find stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment