Friday, December 18, 2009

Get to Know Sarai!


Sarai G.
Corps member serving at Ferebee-Hope

Hometown: York, PA

Education: B.A. in Communication from George Mason University

What team are you on and what do you do? I serve on the WSWC team at Ferebee-Hope Community School. I provide one-on-one and small group tutoring to students. I also serve as my team's after school coordinator and plan Starfish Corps.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined City Year because I admired the diversity of the program, specifically the people, the types of initiatives, and the day to day CY life. I serve because I believe that everyone deserves the chance to have 'enough'. I also serve because I aspire to try and make peoples' days better than their previous ones.

What are you most excited about this year? I'm most excited about seeing my kids improve and watching them become more confident in themselves. I'm also extra excited to work with my team--they're amazing!!

What are you most nervous about this year? I'm most nervous that I will feel like I did not make an impact on some of the kids.

What is something most people don't know about you and wouldn't guess? I have a poem published in a book and there is a picture of me hanging in an Applebee's back home in PA!

No comments:

Post a Comment