Monday, November 23, 2009

Meet Dan!


Dan D.
Corps member serving on C.E.

Hometown: Princeton, NJ

Education: B.S. Business Administration from UNC-Chapel Hill

What team are you on and what do you do? I am on the Civic Engagement Team. I am the volunteer recruitment coordinator; I maintain direct contact with members of the community to keep them abreast of service days and other CY related activities.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined CY because after being laid off from an Investment Banking firm in New York, I felt that giving a year to service would provide a great example to those who otherwise would not think to serve. Also, it is a great opportunity to take advantage of and a great experience to make me a more well-rounded individual before I go back to school receive an MBA.

What are you most excited about this year? Connecting with the DC corporate community at large and speaking to the benefit of service.

What are you most nervous about this year? Not reaching as many people as I’d like

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I am a biography-nut. Recently wrapped up “Napolean”. Moving on to “Lenin”. Awesome influences, I know. At least I finished “Hitler” a few months ago and still hate that guy, probably even more than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment