Monday, November 2, 2009

Meet Carly!

Carly D.
Corps Member Serving at Ferebee Hope
Hometown: Baltimore, MD

Education: George Washington University BA in Criminal Justice, Minor in Speech and Hearing, Class of 2009

What team are you on and what do you do? I’m on the WSWC team serving at Ferebee Hope. I do in-class support, one on one tutoring and after school help.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined City Year to be a part of an organization in which the members had similar values and ideals as I did, and get the chance to have the most impactful year that I could. Also it was really important for me to take a least year to be a part of something much bigger than myself, many people don’t have this opportunity to open their eyes to the things that corps members do.

What are you most excited about this year? Changing myself, and establishing relationships with my students and fellow corps members. I can’t imagine how we’ll all be at the end of this year.

What are you most nervous about this year? I am most nervous that I won’t put in my 110% and wonder “what if”. This kind of opportunity doesn’t arise often and I want to take full advantage of it to make as much change as possible.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I am a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fan. I have seen him in concert 7 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment