Friday, September 18, 2009

Get to Know Tammy!


Tammy Whyte

Whole School Whole Child Program Manager

Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Education: BS in Movement Science from the University of Michigan

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am a Whole School Whole Child Program Manager. I manage two teams of corps members: one team at Stanton Elementary and one team at Browne Education Campus.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? I have been with CYDC for two months, so this is my first City Year. I serve because I want to make a difference in the lives of others and work towards a positive change in the world.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I am excited to work with my corps members and see them grow and develop as leaders this year. I’m also excited for the future of CYDC and the growth and impact they will have on the students of DCPS.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? I haven’t had the opportunity to do any service projects yet with City Year, but the best moments so far in my work have been making connections with the administrators that I will be working with this year.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? Although I seem pretty serious, if you know me really well, you’ll find that I am actually really silly at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment