Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Get to Know Stef!

Stefanie Vestal

Heroes Program Manager

Hometown: North Haven, Connecticut

Education: BS in Information Design and Corporate Communications from Bentley University in Boston

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the Heroes Program Manager. I manage a team of corps members that plan and run Saturday service-learning programs for 125 middle school and 75 high school students.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? This is my fifth year with City Year and fourth with CYDC. I serve because, ‘why not?’ I believe that everyone has something to share with others and we should all do what we can to improve our communities and world.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I am excited this year to be running a full City Hero program, as opposed to last years pilot program.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? I love everything to do with Young and City Heroes. However one memorable moment for me was being the mascot at Camp City Year 2007. I got to act really silly and play games all day with the campers!

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I have a tattoo! It is a half sun/half moon

No comments:

Post a Comment