Thursday, September 24, 2009

Get to Know Nicole!


Nicole Lucas

Whole School Whole Child Program Manager

Hometown: Salem, Oregon

Education: BA in Psychology from Willamette University

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am a Program Manager for Whole School Whole Child. I directly supervise two school based service teams, and facilitate their service experience and professional development. I also lead the school partnership with those schools and the programmatic aspects.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? This is my second year as a staff member. I did two years of service with AmeriCorps NCCC in the SE Region of the United States. I serve because I passionately believe in the positive catalyst National Service and Education start not only in the students and communities, but also in the young adults who serve.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I am excited about the growth of the teams and the amazing service they will provide their schools and communities. I am also excited about the growth of our program and the potential of the impact we can have in the DC Public Educational System.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My collective favorite moments are when random youth approach me in the city while I’m in uniform. Even though they don’t know me personally, they recognize the uniform and identify I am someone they can talk to.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I was a serious athlete growing up and ran high hurdles in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment