Monday, September 14, 2009

Get to Know Heidi!




Heidi Bluming

Events & Communications Associate

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Education: B.A. in Sociology and Writing/Linguistics from Georgia Southern University

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the Events and Communications Associate. I am responsible for website management, brand management, events, the e-newsletter, working with corps members for external speaking engagements, and media outreach.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? I have been with City Year since 2007, serving as a corps and senior corps member in Boston. I joined the staff in DC in August 2009. I served and continue to serve because I believe education is the most powerful tool for social change, and because I hope all young people have positive role models in their lives.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I'm most excited for the growth of CYDC and for so many young people to have the chance to serve and grow as leaders.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite moment of service was Serve-a-thon in Boston, May of 2009. I worked with a team for several months to make sure it was great. When it all came together, the service day was the biggest and best in a long time, I was so proud of what we had done.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess?
I have always loved singing and been in choirs my whole life. I wanted to be a singer when I grew up but my stage fright put an end to that!



No comments:

Post a Comment