Monday, September 14, 2009

Get to Know Betsy!



Betsy Cotton Development Manager

Hometown: Birmingham, Michigan

Education: BA in Psychology from the University of Rochester

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the Development Manager at City Year Washington, DC. I help with all the fundraising for the site, which includes writing grant proposals, meeting with past, current, and potential donors, running events, and spreading the City Year message.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? This is my 3rd year on staff, but I served as a corps member with the 2006 City Year Washington, DC corps, I serve because City Year changed my life and I want to make sure that more and more young people have chance to do City Year in the future.

What are you most excited about this year and or the future of CYDC? I’m excited about our continued partnership with DC Public Schools. I think City Year and DCPS can work together to improve DC schools.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite part of my corps year was running Camp City Year. The other camp director and I got along and worked well together to put on an awesome camp. Also, he just happens to be my fiancé now!

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? That I have a secret love for really bad reality tv (did someone say “real housewives?”)

No comments:

Post a Comment