Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meet City Year Corps Member Tyrone Lofton


Name: Tyrone Lofton
Age: 22
Hometown: Washington, DC
Education: McKinley Technology High School





What team are you on, and what do you do?
I'm on the Winston Education Campus team. I serve as a tutor, menor and role model to students in 3rd and 6th grade. I give students confidence in being an invested student, working to be their best.


Why did you join City Year and why do you serve?
I joined City Year to be a vivid leader to my little brother. It helps to have support in my words when I tell my brother how to be a leader and how to recognize the qualitites of a leader. I serve for the same reason. Serving to me means giving back to the community. Serving to me is the influence you have on your surroundings. I serve because I know life is not just about its larger than me, I want to leave something behind to define the person I am.


What have you been most excited about this year?
I have been most excited about the team aspect of City Year. You can have an overwhelming project during a service day, but once everyone comes together the pressure leaves and the work gets done better than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment