Monday, February 14, 2011

Share Your Love

By Sarai Garnett, City Year Washington, DC Alumni

Last year, I served as the After school Coordinator on the National Cable and Telecommunications Association team at Ferebee-Hope Community School. My City Year was one of  the most difficult thing I have ever done! Despite that, however, I had a fabulously rewarding experience with my kids, my team, and my fellow Corps Members. My decision to open up an online shop selling hair accessories came after finally getting bored at an office job. I missed creating and planning things for my kids and wanted to get back into a more creative outlet. I also wanted my shop customers to be able to spread love and hope to others with their purchases, thus I made my shop a "world friendly" shop by choosing various organizations in which to donate a portion of my proceeds. My experiences at CYDC taught me many things and I wanted to return a bit of the favor by making it the first featured organization on my site. Always with my kids in heart, I support CYDC as another way in which to support them. Wise words that I often keep in mind, James M. Barrie said,"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves." I am thankful for a life full of sunshine.

To visit Sarai's shop CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment