Monday, January 24, 2011

Why I Serve:Because Service Became a Part of Me

  Check out this great post from our friends over at social citizens featuring City Year Washington, DC corps member Evan Waldt:


Interview with Evan Waldt of City Year, DC.

What made you want to become involved?Why not serve? I believe in national service and I come from a long line of veterans. I knew I wanted to serve my country in some way.



Why did you decide to begin a second year of service with City Year?
I decided to do a second year of City Year because one year wasn't enough. I made lasting friendships which drew me back to City Year. I wanted to ensure that young individuals would have a transformational year during their time with City Year, just like I did.



Everyone’s lives are busy; what inspires you to make service a priority in your life?
I always tell myself: “If not me, then who?” It has become a part of who I am.



Click here to read the entire interview

No comments:

Post a Comment