Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Introducing Nadia!


Nadia P.
Corps member serving at Francis-Stevens

Hometown: Washington, DC

Education: High School at Deerfield Academy

What team are you on and what do you do? I serve on Whole School Whole Child at Francis-Stevens education campus. I work in the kindergarten class tutoring and mentoring children during the school day. Also, during after-school I run an “Environmental Explorers” club that teaches second graders to be environmentally conscious and protect the world that they live in.

Why did you join City Year and why do you serve? I joined City Year to help my peers in servicing the DC community. Being a DC resident I felt an urgency to give the children of DC the same opportunities that I was given growing up. I serve the children at my school everyday to make sure that they are excited about their education and that they have positive role models in their lives.

What are you most excited about this year? I’m most excited about Teaching my kids everything that I've learned over the years and learing from them as well. I'm also really excited about making a difference.

What are you most nervous about this year? I'm most nervous about what the kids and faculty will think about me and if they like me. I just really want to be their favorite person ever!

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? Most people wouldn't guess that I'm an intense fan of doing Billy Blank's Tae Bo workout in my living room. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment