Thursday, October 15, 2009

Get to Know Sam!


Samantha Traverso

Team Leader for Young Heroes

Hometown: Milford, PA

Education: BA from West Chester University of Pennsylvania

What is your position and what do you do here at CYDC? I am the Team Leader for the Young Heroes Team.

What did you do last year? I was a corps member on the Young Heroes Team serving with City Year Greater Philadelphia.

Why did you come back to serve at City Year? I came back to City Year because I believe that City Year as an organization has a great mission and I wanted to do everything I can to continue to further it.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? My favorite moment in service was our Heroes end of the year talent show. It showcased not only the talents that our Heroes brought to the program but also what they had learned throughout the year.

What is something most people don’t know about you and wouldn’t guess? I do not like the movie the Little Mermaid because I am scared of the sea witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment