Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meet Mr. Franco!


Jeff Franco executive director

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Education: BA in Political Science, Pre-Medicine and Spanish from Fairfield University; MA in International Affairs and MBA from American University in Washington, DC.

Who is Jeff Franco? I am the Executive Director of City Year Washington, DC. I'm responsible for managing the site, raising the site's $3.1 Million budget and overseeing the program's service, recruitment, training, and evaluation components.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you servce? I have been with City Year for about a year and a half now. I serve because I believe that young people have the power, energy, and idealism to really change the world.

What are you most excited about this year and for the future of CYDC? I'm excited about our 100 corps members this year, which is the largest corps in City Year Washington, DC history!

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? One of my favorite moments was at a service project in a Southeast neighborhood, Barry Farms, which seemed to truly empower the community. People that lived in the neighborhood came out and served with us and were so vocal with their gratitude throughout the day. It was a very inspiring moment to witness.

What is something most people don't know about you and wouldn't guess? I'm half Dominican and half Polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment