Friday, September 4, 2009

Get to Know Jason Holton!



Jason M. Holton deputy director of program and service


Hometown: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Education: B.A. in History and African Studies at Lake Forest College in Illinois.

Who is Jason Holton? I am the Duputy Director of Program and Service. As Deputy Director, I am responsible for all components of the CYDC service products and goals, corps member leadership development, and service partner relationships.

How long have you been with CYDC and why do you serve? I have been the Deputy Director in DC for a little over a year now. I previously served as the National Recruitment Director for City Year Headquarters in Boston. And I serve simply because it is the right thing to do.

What are you most excited about this year and/or the future of CYDC? I'm excited to work with the great staff team we have in order to provide support to our 100 corps members throughout their year of service.

Tell me a short story about your favorite moment in service? One of my favorite moments every year is opening day and seeing the new corps members in their uniforms and red jackets for the first time. You can always sense the excitement of starting a powerful year of service.

What is something most people don't know about you and wouldn't guess? I have ten nieces and nephews!

No comments:

Post a Comment